Thanksgiving Meal Trivia
- More than 45 million turkeys are eaten in the United States at Thanksgiving.
- Yams are one of the best sources of nutritional minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
- Cranberries are rich in phyto-nutrients (naturally derived plant compounds) which may offer protection from tooth decay, urinary tract infections, and inflammatory diseases.
- 80 percent of the U.S. pumpkin supply is sold in October and November.
- The average Thanksgiving meal packs a whopping 3,000 calories